Ok, nobody's vagina NEEDS to go on retreat...but we retreat and practice because we know and value the benefits it brings to our daily life. As a yogi and Doctor of Physical Therapy (PT) with a specialty practice in pelvic health I have found that together, yoga and PT can heal and radically improve the lives of patients and yogis alike...and I can tell you with professional certainty that your vagina is an important part of the Mind-Body-Spirit equation. Read on below for 5 reasons you'll love indulging in a pelvic health related retreat.
1. You may have VAGINA WOES you've been too scared to tell anyone about! Have you experienced pain with sex, irregular or painful periods, chronic constipation, pain in the hips, back or pelvis? Do you find yourself peeing all day or making it to the toilet just the knick of time? Do you experience leaking urine post-baby? Have you been diagnosed with repeated UTIs, yeast infections, interstitial cystitis, or painful bladder syndrome? Are you unable to have sex? Do you have difficulty achieving orgasm or feeling pleasure from your 'lady bits'? Have you given birth and feel that your body just isn't the same?
If any of these scenarios sound familiar to you then attending my retreat would be a great opportunity for you to learn and understand how the muscles, nerves, and fascia of the vagina (and more accurately the pelvis) might be contributing to your situation. During the retreat I will be giving in-depth talks about the pelvic floor's role in some of these conditions. I'll also explain what the PELVIC FLOOR actually is! I'll be discussing the role that hormones, gut-health, and stress can play in these health concerns and I will be leading meditation and yoga classes geared specifically for maximizing yoni health.
2. Your VAGINA, VULVA, UTERUS, and OVARIES NEED NURTURING! The high-stress world we live in places huge demands on our female bodies, often requiring us to put our femininity and ownership of our bodies aside. Come indulge in a weekend focused on getting to know your most intimate and feminine aspects. I will help you reconnect to your body through gentle yoga, creative exploration, journaling, meditation, nourishing food, and a community of like-minded women.
3. This could be your opportunity to de-bunk some vagina and pelvic floor myths. Join me to learn why KEGELS ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE, why you should always SIT DOWN WHEN YOU PEE, and why you shouldn't always be "pulling up and in" in those yoga and Pilates classes you're attending. For you yogis out there we'll also talk about the energetic and spiritual connections of the MULA BANDHA and the CHAKRA systems.
4. What part of you wouldn't want to CHILL IN PURE MICHIGAN in the fall? Come enjoy a long weekend at the magical Yoga House on Moon Acres, a beautiful retreat and farm sanctuary in Michigan. The retreat center sits on 14 acres of wooded trails. We'll have the weekend to indulge in the bonfire pit, hot tub, fruit orchards, fresh cooked meals from their 1.5 acre garden, and the nearby dunes. There will be plenty of time and space to relax and connect and move your body. The natural setting is the perfect place to reconnect to our own roots and Mother Nature in a conscious and peaceful way.
5. VAGINA OWNERS ARE PRETTY RAD. It's true... we are pretty incredible beings. What better way to celebrate how amazing we are by coming together to learn, grow, move, and create in community! There's great group of women signed up already, however there are a few spots left if you'd like to join us. Checkout CASIEDPT.COM/RETREATS for more details or connect with me on my facebook event page.